In eComm communications, it’s a pretty exciting world that we, as consumers and especially as marketers, are facing. Some see technology as the end of creativity. Others see it as a tool to speed communications. Quite simply, I see new technologies in eComm Design as fun, effective and useful.
Having been in marketing for more than 40 years, I have seen the ad industry move from entertainment to data, consumers from passive to interactive, and experiences from frustrating to delightful. Today, every experience is being compared to another, and the lines of industry, category and product are now blurred. What matters is how these tools make our lives better, easier, and simpler. Who doesn’t want that?
Here’s one example of what new trends in technology can assist with eComm Design. To write this article, I used ChatGPT by simply requesting information on a topic – in this case, “eCommerce Design Trends.” In less than 2 minutes, the below popped up. Would I feel that some things were left out? Probably. But do I find this information useful? Absolutely. Does the content replace our traditional writers, directors, and creators? Never. When we are trying to reach audiences, human touch and a real voice will always, in my opinion, matter.
After all, we are the master puppeteers.
ChatGPT providing input on eCommerce Design Trends:
- Mobile-First Design: With more and more people using their mobile devices for online shopping, eCommerce websites are prioritizing a mobile-first approach to design. This means designing for smaller screens first and then adapting to larger screens.
- Minimalist Design: Minimalism has been a popular trend in web design for several years now, and eCommerce websites are no exception. A clean, simple, and uncluttered design can help to focus users' attention on the products.
- Personalized User Experience: Personalization is becoming increasingly important in eCommerce design. Websites are using data-driven algorithms to offer personalized product recommendations, customized email marketing, and tailored content to create a more engaging user experience.
- Video Content: Videos can be a powerful tool for eCommerce websites. They can help to showcase products in a more engaging way, provide tutorials, and even help with SEO.
- Augmented Reality: Augmented reality (AR) has been gaining popularity in eCommerce design. AR technology can help customers visualize how products will look in their own environment before making a purchase.
- Voice Search Optimization: With the growing popularity of voice assistants like Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant, eCommerce websites are starting to optimize their design for voice search. This includes optimizing product descriptions for natural language queries.
- Social Media Integration: Integrating social media into eCommerce websites can help to create a more social and engaging experience for customers. Social media buttons can be used to encourage users to share products and promotions on their own profiles.
Overall, eCommerce design trends are focused on creating a more personalized, engaging, and seamless user experience. Return of the human: Put in a different way, eComm Design Trends will continue to make our lives better, by providing easier navigation for information and a more engaging consumer-brand experience.